ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED
Abstracts are invited for the 7th International Carers Conference 2017
The demand for care in Australia and across the globe is increasing, and the number of unpaid carers - relative to numbers of older people and people with disability and health disorders - is falling. New ways of supporting families and communities to care and support carers is vital to meeting this demand.
We are particularly looking for original papers that fit within the thematic streams below.
Showcase examples of INNOVATION in policy, programs, research and practice that meet the needs of carers, those needing care and caring communities.
Foster and highlight successful PARTNERSHIPS that improve the lives of carers and their care recipients: between carers, care recipients, researchers, service providers, business and community.
Identify the CHALLENGES that carers, related sectors, researchers and communities face now and into the future and ways to respond to these challenges.
Explore NEW OPPORTUNITIES for carers, consumers, researchers, service providers, policy makers and the broader community, to improve outcomes and meet the growing needs of individuals and communities now and into the future.
Abstracts may be research-focused, program or policy-focused or report on a collaboration or innovation. Abstracts should describe work that is evidence-based or draw on the direct experience of carers, care recipients or those working to improve their lives.
All Abstracts will be considered on the basis of individual merit by the Scientific Program Committee, and will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- relevance to the conference theme
- relevance to the selected thematic streams
- importance of content to an international audience
- supported by research or practice evidence
- reflects cultural awareness, competence, and relevancy
- skill development with specific skills identified
- innovative program, technique or practice
- reflects attention to carer’s, care recipient's or caring community’s perspective.
Papers, presentations and workshops that focus on and/or are delivered in partnership with carers and care recipients are most welcome as are those with an international focus and appeal.
For further information about the content and topics, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For each Abstract, authors are asked to indicate the type of presentation for which it is submitted, from the following options:
- general paper presentation - 15 minutes and Q&A.
- symposia: A 90 minute session consisting of three or more papers on a particular subject or theme, led by a facilitator.
- workshop: an interactive 90 minute session with a focus on skills development or on discussion among participants.
- poster (interactive) presentation: to be displayed during the conference in the exhibition area during allocated times (morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea).
Abstracts are required for all presentations. Please ensure you download the Abstract Template.
If you are submitting Abstracts for a Symposia, use this Symposia Template.
Presenters can indicate their preference for presentation format on the online Abstract Submission Form.
All submitted Abstracts will be peer reviewed. The Scientific Program Committee reserves the right to decide the format of presentations and in which stream they will be presented on the basis of available time and space.
- Abstract submissions open 28 November 2016.
- Abstracts must be received (through the online form) by 10 February 2017.
- Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted.
- Upon receipt of Abstract, authors will receive an acknowledgment via email. Lack of acknowledgment will indicate that the Abstract was not received.
Notification of Acceptance
- The main author of each Abstract accepted will be notified by email by 31 March 2017. The author is responsible to notify other authors, affiliations and/or presenters.
- Abstracts will be published as submitted.
- All Abstracts accepted for presentation will be published only if payment of registration has been made.
- Abstracts should be submitted in English.
- Abstracts can only be submitted via the website. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted.
- Should you experience any problems with the electronic submission, please contact: email@example.com
- Abstracts must not exceed 350 words.
- References are not required.
- Abstracts should contain text only (no diagrams, images, links or attachments).
TERMS and CONDITIONS
If you are selected to present, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Carers Australia may record your presentation (audio or visual) and this may be used, for example, as a downloadable file on the Carers Australia website.
- Presenters grant Carers Australia the right to publish their paper on the conference website, and/or publish in various Carers Australia publications (unless circumstances prevent this).
- Presenters must register for the day on which they are presenting at the conference. If presenters wish to stay for the whole conference, payment needs to be made for the full three days.
- Abstracts will be withdrawn from the conference program if registration and payment are not received by 25 July 2017.